Central Fish Co Restaurant
FRESNO'S FIRE DEPARTMENT #3
Station No. 3, also known as “The Rock” was constructed in 1938 & is considered the oldest fire station in the Fresno Metropolitan area.
Located at 1406 Fresno St, Station No. 3 was originally built to house 32 firefighters but today it is home to seven. The station is dubbed “The Rock” because it was cast in a single block of concrete.
According to the City of Fresno Station No.3 is one of the busiest fire stations in the San Joaquin Valley. It protects downtown Fresno, including most of the high-rise district, the Fulton Mall, and much of southwest Fresno. The block occupied by Station No. 3 is also home to the Fresno Fire Department’s Drill Tower.
For decades firefighters would set fire to the drill tower for training exercises. Today, it is one of two stations in the Fresno Fire Department that still have functional bass poles.